SOS Children's Village International in Bangladesh is a private, non-political and non-denominational child welfare organisation provides care for the children who have lost parental care or who are at risk of losing parental care and deprived of caring family environment. SOS Children’s Villages International, the mother organisation of SOS Children’s Village International in Bangladesh is one of the largest private child welfare organisation presently working in 136 countries and territories around the world. In Bangladesh, we have been working since 1972. Applications are invited for the following position.
Position: Assistant Officer
Location of Job: Dhaka, Khulna, Bogura, Rajshahi, Chattogram and Sylhet.
Nature of Job: Full time
Area of Responsibilities:
- Preparing annual development plan of every individual child by discussing with the child and mother, recording it, follow-up, reviewing once in a year.
- To innovate ideas and learning environment on different aspects according to needs and considering situation of changing of everyday lives.
- Plan and implement a suitable program to ensure good quality child and youth development and to meet the needs of all children, utilizing clear and concise routines, rules and limits.
- Contact and maintain liaison on regular basis with schools/other educational institutions. Regularly update and promptly submit children/youths’ school records and monthly highlights of activities to the Project Director.
- Encourage children to enrolled into employable education & find out suitable technical courses and support child development activities to promote life skills & develop leadership qualities and healthy recreations for the children.
- Maintain close communication with the supervisor on the development and progress of each child.
- Writing reports (international standard) on the development of the children & youths, different programme activities, events, case study and success stories as per the requirement of the organization.
- Strong support to management & children to establish child rights.
- Adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Sexual Misconduct Regulation (PSHEA) of the organization.
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- Masters in Psychology/Child Development and Family Relation/ Social Work/Social Welfare/Social Science, not less than 2nd Division/Class in any Public Examination.
- At least 2nd Division / Class in all public examinations.
- Fresher’s candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong command in English report writing and presentation.
- High interpersonal skills and coordination skills.
- Strong interest in the needs and development of the children.
- Willing to work at and to stay in within SOS children’s village premises.
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment.
- Age up to 26 years
Salary & Benefits: As per organization policy.
After probation period of 06 (Six) months, upon confirmation, incumbent will be entitled to receive regular Salary Scale along with Festival Bonus, Contributory Provident Fund and Gratuity, Children’s Education Allowance, Group Insurance (Death & Accidental) as per existing policy of the organization.
SOS Children’s Village International in Bangladesh strictly follows the Child Protection Policy & the United Nations Convention on Rights of the Child and all co-workers must understand, respect and follow the right of children to live without fear of abuse. SOS Bangladesh is a non-smoking working environment.
SOS Bangladesh reserves the rights to accept or reject your application at any stage and only short-listed candidates will be called for Interview.
Interested Candidates are requested to apply with a Cover Letter along with our prescribed “Employment Application Form” (please download from www.sos-bangladesh.org/download) to “Director-HR, National Office, SOS Children's Village International in Bangladesh, 01 Shamoli, Mirpur Road, Dhaka-1207” via e-mail at email@example.com on or before 5 September 2021.