Skills, knowledge and innovation are important driving forces of economic growth and social development in any country, and those countries with higher levels of education and skills, adjust more effectively to challenges and opportunities in the global economy. Bangladesh has large number of unskilled population and government has decided to make them as skills workforce through various skills development training. As a development partner of Bangladesh, SOS Children’s Village International in Bangladesh set up 02 (Two) Vocational Training Centre’s and those are: a) SOS Vocational Training Centre Dhaka b) SOS Vocational Training Centre Chattagram with the vision to transform the poor and underprivileged youth of the society into skilled manpower through effective vocational training.
Main objectives of the trainings are:
- Enhancing individuals’ employability (in wage/self-employment) and ability to adapt to changing
- technologies and labour markets
- Improving the productivity and profitability of enterprises
- Strengthening national competitiveness and reducing poverty
- Raising self-consciousness and develop human qualities among the trainees